Thursday, July 22, 2010

Messy pages


These are the first pages of my art journal project. It's been a lot of fun, and I've been greatly inspired by the wonderful artist Anahata Katkin. Her journals look amazing and It's been really exciting to try out some tecniques that are all new to me!

With this project I aim to create and have fun in ways that are new and interesting to me. At the same time I get a diary, a book to look through with images and little notes about my days. I think it will be really nice to look though this diary when I sit there, older and wiser somewhere in the future. I think I've missed this feeling of holding in a piece of art that I've created ever since I started to draw and paint all digitally. I love digital art, but right now I enjoy a break from my wacom-tablet and photoshop. I've traded my digital tools for cheap brushes and old watercolors and cut-outs from old magazines for a while. It's refreshing and I hope I will be able to keep on doing this for a while. :)

5 comments:

  1. hi, i think the pages are beautiful... and a great idea. i did an art journal once... then in college reconstructed a book with paint and magazines and lots of other things, to finish a psych assignment. our professor preferred creative responses as opposed to tests. it was one of my most memorable assignments, and i still flip through that book. seeing your picture makes me want to take it back up again... thanks for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! I think that sounds like a great teacher, and a really inspirational assignment! I'm happy to hear you got inspired by my pages too :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I wish I was that creative.

    ReplyDelete