Sunday, July 25, 2010

Watercolor

Yesterday I found two new shades of watercolor which my husband bought me as a late birthday-present/wedding-day gift. We have been married for one year now, we celebrated our own way, eating tasty foods and loads of chocolate ice-cream with marshmallows!

But anyway, watercolor. I found a perfect shade of pink and a nice green/yellow color that I think will look amazing. Tomorrow I think I'll try them out in my journal if I'm in the right mood. I'm also thinking about trying to paint some acrylic stuff. I haven't really dared to paint traditionally before except some experiments here and there, but I think I'm starting to get to a point where I understand how to think while trying new things. Accepting that not everything has to be perfect all the time, and if the colors look all messed up or the lines get wobbly, then maybe that's a part of the beautiful thing about using a brush upon a canvas. It's not digital perfection, it's not supposed to be, and I'm starting to like it.

Today however is a rainy sunday, and I'm tired and lazy, and that's ok too!

*hugs*

1 comment: