Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Follow me to the Forest

I'm probably going to go away for the week to rest my confused little mind filled with big things. I need to get some energy from the forest and from the four crazy cats I'm going to visit.

It's sad to leave J, but it's only for a few days. I hope that I will be able to relax and set some things in my head straight, and best of all would be if I can snap loads and loads of pretty photographs, or meet some faeries somewhere behind dusty house corners..

I hope that I can someday step into a dreamworld like Narnia, or the one that Kaye visits in her modern Faerietales.. I don't need adventures, but I'd like to find mysteries and things out of the ordinary. I did once this summer, it might not be magical but it felt so to me:

I was alone there in the middle of the forest. I woke up and didn't know what to do so I walked calmly around to explore. There is an old stable there and I opened the door to go in. The sun rays lit spots on the floor and there, scattered about were butterfly wings. Fragile, orange black and white wings without their owners.. It seemed sad, but it was very beautiful at the same time. I picked those wings up and now I store them in a little envelope in my kitchen cupboard. It felt like finding a true treasure like in a tale..


Out of the mid-wood's twilight
Into the meadow's dawn,
Ivory limbed and brown-eyed,
Flashes my Faun!

He skips through the copses singing,
And his shadow dances along,
And I know not which I should follow,
Shadow or song!

O Hunter, snare me his shadow!
O Nightingale, catch me his strain!
Else moonstruck with music and madness
I track him in vain!

/ Oscar Wilde

1 comment: