Wednesday, August 18, 2010

Ponyo Ponyo Ponyo!


Yesterday I was dead tired. Nothing made me excited or happy or eager to get out from the underneath layers of cushions and blankets where I'd hidden. J got home from work to console me, and after hours of sleeping in the middle of the day I finally had the energy of getting up. He took me out for sushi, one of my favorites and then we went to buy some movies..

This is where I'm getting to the point you see. We bought Ponyo. We´re currently collecting all the Ghibli movies and I'd never seen Ponyo before so I was a bit hesitant when I chose between her and 'Howls Moving Castle' which I love but don't have at home yet. But we took Ponyo and I am not disappointed at all! Nuh-uh! Ponyo was just what I needed, and what I will need in the future on other hopeless days when everything seems gray and gloomy.

I just kept laughing and shouting: "Ponyo, Ponyo, Ponyoooo!!!" through-ought the entire movie and it made me so happy I could almost cry. It was like a sweet cupcake filled with happiness that I'd recommend to anyone having a bad day!

The hopeless animator in me said: "this is beyond amazing".. The hopeless romantic in me said: "this is beyond cute".. and the hopeless negative gloomy enmi went away for a while. In other words, it was great!

1 comment: