Monday, August 23, 2010

Tea

I think I'm starting to get a new good habit. Drinking tea! And buying tea! I've been a little too scared to actually ask the person behind the counter to get to sniff the tasty teas they store in big jars with sweet labels on them, yeah, that's just how shy I am.. Anyway. Now I've done it twice and my collection of teas is growing! The wonderful girl who helped me in the store gave me a tea-menu to bring home that has all their flavors written in it, and I'm overwhelmed! I didn't know there were so many different kinds! Next time I go I might get the toffee-tea, or no wait, the peach and apricot one maybe? Or blueberry?! I want them all..

Today I bought Chai tea because I just recently discovered how wonderful it is. I'm a bit of a tea-noob, I don't know much, I just know I like certain tastes and Chai tastes like cinnamon which I love. I also bought a black tea with the flavor and scent of violets. I just had some and it was amazing! Now I'm all warm on the inside because of it. I also ran into a little problem that will be nice to deal with, and that is that I don't have a jar the right size to store this tea in, so I'll have to find one! Now, looking for beautiful boxes and containers is something I love, and I was already planning to go to that big second-hand store as soon as they open tomorrow and I'll look for one then. It's gonna be fun. :)

What are your favorite flavors?

8 comments:

  1. Green tea with mandarin orange flavor and black tea with apple & cinnamon flavor! x)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh, mandarin orange sounds exciting!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've a really weak spot for roibos (red) tea and also very smoky green and black tea. Empereur Chen-Nung is a personal favourite ^^ Strongly recommended if you like smoky tea :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just the name sounds cool. I'm gonna look for it! My personal favorites are sweet teas with fruity or candy-like flavors, hah, I'm such a kid ^_^

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hmm, sweet teas are too... sweet (duh) for me :P
    I'm haven't found Chen-Nung outside of France, though. I've heard that you can get it at Chaikhana in Gamla Stan in Stockholm, but I not sure.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Things that other people usually find too sweet I find just perfect, haha! But I'll try to remember that store if I go back to Stockholm someday, I always visit Gamla Stan anyway to get fantasy books :D

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hah, it certainly is a good place to do just that :P

    ReplyDelete