Monday, September 20, 2010

Forbidden walk - OHNOES!

G told me about a disturbing find she'd made walking through the park near the church here in our little swedish city. A sign that said that from five in the afternoon until seven in the morning it's forbidden to walk through the park, but the rule only applies to girls and women! The sign says so! I couldn't believe it so I went to investigate. Yeah, the sign was really there! I walked a bit through the park anyway and I half expected someone to come dragging me out of there but it was ok. Me and J walked around in this tiny little park taking pictures, it was really nice. I love evening walks. My camera doesn't really like darkness though and I hate flash so I refuse to use it.

The sign would make me furious if it weren't for the tiny text underneath it that states that it belongs to the art museum which makes me think it's some sort of statement. It's not a real rule. I guess the statement would be against that women can't walk through the park without feeling safe after dark. That's my conclusion but I have no idea. I guess I have to go to the art museum and see for myself which I also think is the idea of the signs.. Ok, I'll swallow that bait. It's a really cool idea and the message is important!

I snapped loads of other photos as well but I don't want to spam them just yet. I'm thinking of making something out of them before showing them.. I dunno, we'll just see. Yesterday was crap, but I won't discuss politics here even though the election was yesterday. CRAP!


6 comments:

  1. Wtf! What is this? I know that in Sweden the most dangerous place to be at night if you are a man/boy, is the graveyard. Most boys/men gets assaulted or beaten/robbed at that location D:

    ReplyDelete
  2. Maybe they get beaten down by girls? O_o Maybe that's why girls aren't allowed? No, that sign is just really weird, I can't take it seriously. The park isn't even that dark or scary..

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's just sooo strange! I am so curious about this sign! Why not investigate it further?! Maybe it's some kind of religious thingy? Or is it a PR trick by those who owns the park...? What city is this? O_o

    ReplyDelete
  4. I investigated! It was a part of an art-show at the local museum. It's much about gender issues and the artists personal struggles. Her name is Marianne Lindberg De Geer. I really like those signs now! It's in Skövde by the way, tiny place..

    ReplyDelete
  5. Aha! Thanx for looking it up :D Now I can sleep a bit better at night ^^

    ReplyDelete