Saturday, September 11, 2010

Picky thrift-shopper

Me and J went to the big charity second-hand thrift store to look for materials for that customized autumn jacket he wants. He didn't find anything, but I don't blame him. We are rather picky about materials and looks since we don't want to walk around feeling silly. There just were no jackets we liked today.

I left the store with a new table lamp for my work-space and some wool thread to knot friendship-bracelets out of so I'm happy. Right now I'm feeling perfectly lazy on my couch, just listening to sweet music while J is working since he's got an important deadline at work for an illustration. I've also got some illustration work to do which is awesome. I can't believe that I'm really a professional illustrator now, it feels so unreal to actually get payed for something that I love doing and that others get to look at my images in magazines. Fabulously unreal! It's been a dream of mine since my early teens and now I'm in the middle of it. I'm trying to just lay back and enjoy it and love my life as it's turned out. I'm not always happy, and sometimes life seems like a struggle, but today is a good day and I'll hang on to this feeling for as long as I can.

3 comments: