Thursday, September 2, 2010

Sweet Artist: Iumazark

Mr Gabriel Iumazark is the second artist in my "Sweet Artist" feature series. I pick these artists from my own library of inspirational people and art that I've loved for some time. I do it as a fan and to make others notice these really cool artists!

I've been a fan of Iumazark and his art for a long time now. I think my friend G discovered his art first if I'm not mistaken and since then I've been hooked! I love his style, his way of drawing these really quirky characters with so much confidence and attitude. I want to see them in motion, and his style really reminds me of animation in the way that I could really picture them come alive and move around.

I also love the kind of dirty way of using colors and lines that makes every image seem like it just sketched it's way out of the pen by it's own sheer will. Iumazark has been a really big source of inspiration for me ever since I stumbled upon his gallery about a year ago and I keep finding myself kind of awestruck each time he uploads a new illustration, itching to create things of my own. I have to remind myself not to be a copycat each time because I wish I could draw with that much confidence myself.. Sweet stuff I tell ya!

Make sure to check out the rest of his amazing gallery, okay?

1 comment: