Thursday, October 21, 2010

In search of Peter Pan

This is the cowl I got yesterday. It's fake fur and so soft and cozy it makes me feel like some sort of north-pole dwelling fae creature!

I haven't posted any art here for a very long time. It's not that I'm not making any, it's just that it's a bit secret still. It's a part of my school project and I don't want to show anything until I have some more. I will give you some progress pictures and sketches soon though.

In the meantime I have lots of photography and I really want to post the lyrics of Kate Bush's song "in Search of Peter Pan" which I'm in love with at the moment. The song is so sad but still so very beautiful. Some lyrics to songs are just like poetry. It can be read as such..

It's been such a long week.
So much crying.
I no longer see a future.
I've been told when I get older
That I'll understand it all.

But I'm not sure if I want to.

Running into her arms
At the school gates
She whispers that I'm a poor kid.
And Granny takes me on her knee.
She tells me I'm too sensitive.
She makes me sad.

She makes me feel like an old man.

They took the game right out of it.

When I am a man
I will be an astronaut,
And find Peter Pan.

5 comments:

  1. Love that cowl! oh, you have to find some snow to drift in when you're wearing such a beautiful thing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. There was actually snow on the ground when I went out today! The furry warmth around my head was very welcome!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've never heard this song before! It's lovely! Peter Pan is actually my favorite thing in the whole world. I am going to get a tattoo of it soon!

    Have you ever seen Arthur Rackham's work? He did illustrations for Peter Pan in Kensington Gardens! His work reminds me a lot of yours! I made a blog post if you care to see!

    Also love the cowl!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your collection of his artwork is really awesome! I love his stuff, but there were plenty of illustrations on your blog that I hadn't seen before. I have some of his Alice works on my wall at home. ^__^

    ReplyDelete