Tuesday, October 12, 2010

New ideas?

I have been thinking ever since I had that unpleasant experience at the print-shop. How can I use my illustrations and skills to create new cute things to offer people? I'm thinking I want to create my own cute tin-containers, jewelry, stationary, t-shirts, books and everything. But I am still a bit scared and unknowing. Everything is new and I can come up with all sorts of fancy ideas but still not have the means to realize them.

The thing is that I'm not a business-person at all. I don't care much for money. I don't understand it and It scares me, but still when thinking about selling my own products I am forced to think in those boring terms. I can't start printing all sorts of stuff to sell if nobody wants it. It costs money to earn money they say, but then I don't have much of that to begin with and I have a hard time thinking in terms of profit mostly because It brings me down. I want to use my head thinking in creative ways and frankly I don't care if I make money or not as long as I get to do what I love. I still have to eat and live somewhere though so if I can trade some of the products of my creativity for that I have an awesome deal.

I've been living on small means ever since I moved away from home at 16. I know how to get by on almost no money at all, still with amazing support from J of course, without him I wouldn't be able to do this. Hopefully I can give some back eventually. But neither of us likes money, so we prefer not to think about it too much. It's sad how new ideas are blocked by these boring thoughts. I wish I could just do things and hand them out to the people who'd like them. The most important thing for me is that there is someone out there who actually wants my art, and that's the true story.. That is the profit for me.

3 comments:

  1. I love the patches in your etsy shop! They are wonderful! I think it would be fun if you could make jewelry with some art in it. I'm sorry that your prints didn't work out well, I would love to buy some of your art prints!

    You are very inspiring! Keep up the good work! :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ooh thank you! :D That makes me really happy to hear! I'm gonna try again, going to another place to get prints, and I will look into creating other things. The future will surely hold new cute stuff because it's so much fun making it!
    *hugs*

    ReplyDelete