Friday, November 12, 2010

From a Fairy Tale

I'm so happy right now! For the first time I have created my own jewelry and I'm so excited to present this little collection of necklaces!

They are all up for sale now in my Etsy Shop and I would be so happy if you'd hop over there to have a look at all of them. They were so much fun to photograph but even more fun to create! Each necklace is hand-braided from fine vintage embroidery-thread in different earthy colors to match each painting. The paintings themselves are printed on high-quality paper, carefully mounted onto the locket and protected with layers of gloss varnish. Finally I treated the edges around each painting to give them all an aged look.

I want the feeling of these to be as if you found this locked in an old box in your grandmothers attic and if you open it maybe you will find a secret hidden message inside?

We all need more magic in our lives..

7 comments:

  1. You have a gift to create beautiful thing like they were from a fairytale //Cosy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Those necklaces are so adorable. I love the romance of them. You are right, straight from a fairy tale!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful - hope to see more of your creations!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, its gorgeus!!! I like it so much!!!
    Always you write things very creative, congratulations.
    Sorry but my english it´s no good ;D
    Regards from Madrid

    ReplyDelete