Thursday, November 11, 2010

Identity, be who you want to be..


I've written 150 posts here now.. During the time I've had this blog I've made some big changes to my life. They may not be dramatic to the outside world, but to my they are. I have decided to pursue my dreams and try in every step I take in life to be who I want to be, not the person others may expect me to be.

It may sound obvious, but it is very difficult for me, and I don't think I'm alone, because I believe that many find obstacles or walls of doubt and lack of self confidence to get through before taking steps forward. I sure have a huge amount of walls to break through still, but I will deal with them at my own pace in my own way.

My biggest wish right now is to get over my shyness and my anxiety enough to participate in a world that I've been looking at from the outside for the longest time but never dared to enter. I want to go to concerts, to art events and fashion shows. I want to be there, talk to people, make connections. But for a girl who has difficulties even picking up the phone to call her friends because of immense shyness that is not an easy task. It's a huge goal.

I think many of you out there, if not all of you have both big and small dreams and goals that you want to achieve. Some may be for your career, some may be highly personal, but I believe that everyone needs to take care and take every step towards being who they want to be, not who others expect them to be, and don't stress yourself too much, okay? Good things will happen, I'm sure of it.. Good luck!

9 comments:

  1. I understand you so much! I have the same problem...and I know how hard it can be, to go there, to go outside, and be with the word, that we use to look through a screen, or through paper.
    I wish I became a photographer who take pictures of musician (not the famous one, only small, local artists) but I m so affraid of not to be good enough to makes my dream come true. I have not a school backround, I m self taught, and this is a huge risk for the people who want pictures, because I have no garantee...
    But you don't have anything to be worry about, you are really good, you are an artist, and I mean it. You should not be affraid to go outside and tell the people who are you. ^^
    Let's try!!
    I will try too, some day. At the moment is for me too soon (I still attend university in cultural anthropology) but I know, that the day in which I have to think about my future is on the door, and during that moment I will definitly try everything, to see if I can be a photographer or not.

    Is amazing have these dreams ;)

    I support you!!!!!!

    bye

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think one of the wonderful things about your blog is that it is so easy to relate to you. You are very honest, and true to your followers, and at least to me you are very inspiring. I also have anxiety problems, and through recent experiences, I'm afraid my trust in people have gotten worse. But I am working on it, and seeing someone like you whom I admire's journey really does help!

    You are truly an inspiring artist and I hope you reach all of your personal and artistic dreams! I definitely follow you for the wonderful illustrations and wish I could see the world as you do. One thing I do believe in is dream as big and as beautifully as you can :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh and also congrats on the 150 post mark! haha

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, wow girls, you just filled me with such amazing warmth just now! Thank you for your super sweet words, and I hope we can all get past our difficulties and get closer to our dreams and where we want to be in life. *hugs*

    ReplyDelete
  5. I couldn't agree more with the previous comments. Although I haven't commented before I have been following your blog for some time and I enjoy it very much. I completely understand when you talk about your problems with shyness and I really admire your attempts to try and overcome it now, it's something I should've done a very long time ago and now at 32 I feel like I'm just beginning to take my first steps in that direction. I just wanted to say well done for trying to combat it now instead of letting it go on for years and years.

    Oh and I really love your art as well:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I don't really know what to write here, E. I think you already know what I think *hugs tightly* Take care, myes? And know I'm proud of you. moosh!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Moooooosh! ^__^ I'm gonna save all of these comments for myself to look at from now and then when I need to believe in myself more. I'm so thankful for the sweet words and the stories you all share.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great post girl! Its so great when we accomplish small (yet very, very important) personal goals! I know what you mean about going out into the world, too.

    I will be graduating with a BFA in Crafts (focusing in Ceramics) here in the spring & am super scared! Part of me wants to pursue art (obviously) but part of me wants to keep it just as a hobby. Keeping it as a hobby is definitely my "safe zone" so it will take a bit to break out of it. Ahhh!! I just don't know what to do!

    I do agree, good things will happen & we all gotta be us for us!

    Great inspirational/motivational/all around awesome post :)

    ReplyDelete