Friday, December 10, 2010

More nerdery

Yes, I admit it. I'm addicted to creating new characters in WoW and then paint portraits of them!

This one is Anoushka Goyard, a fisherman´s daughter turned thief. She is a worgen, but scared of the beast inside of her. I wrote a pretty background story and felt the old time fantasy inspiration wave rush over me and it's so fantastic!

For a while I nearly stopped drawing all kinds of fantasy, or I neglected that part of me. I love this! Creating and roleplaying a character in a video game can inspire me so much, it's awesome, so I think I'll keep on playing now for a while and see where this takes me. I long to feel the same magical way I did as a teenager drawing faeries and elves. I might be somewhat of a nerd, but I'm all about embracing every side of yourself.

2 comments: