Thursday, January 13, 2011

Outflight

Outflight is my direct translation of the swedish word utflykt which means to go out on a little trip, a small adventure or maybe a picnic? I thought it fit this piece.

I painted it this morning, it's made with watercolor and acrylics. I loved to work on it, it's so easy in a way, soothing for my little soul to dip the brush into the water and let the green dress flow in the wind with my strokes. I want to make more watercolor/acrylics paintings. The combo was nice. The paper is rather thin though, colored with coffee and tea for the base. It wrinkles very easily with the water on it, but I like that effect too. Everything that adds more texture is good in my opinion. I hope you like it!

10 comments:

  1. Beautiful, wistful, delicate, winsome, and I love the name you gave it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I saw this made it to Craft Gawker, too--congratulations! It's lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I found this through craftgawker! lol. well, this image describes me sooooo well. Let me know if you are selling this piece or are thinking about it. I may not have much as I am young like yourself but am very much drawn to this peice. I feel like I need to own this.check out my blog at ifihadanipod.blogspot.com and http://huckleberrywinn.blogspot.com/
    You are one truly gifted artist!you put things onto paper so well.keep up the creativity! God bless you in every way! How long did this take you to create? (sorry but I'm not gifted with words to express how awesome this piece is!)
    you just may become famous one day.have a nice day!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is beautiful, It makes me feel melancholy and peaceful. I envy your talent.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Deary, do you have a deviant art account? id love to watch and follow your art... maybe theres a link somewhere on here, if you have one. i guess i should look befor asking. This is so beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Goodness, there were comments here I missed! :O To answer one question, yes, I have a Deviant-account, it's linked in the little button almost at the top of my blog that says DA-gallery. ^__^

    I might put this piece up for sale! I haven't decided a price yet, but I'll think of something. I will announce here on my blog if I do!

    And finally, thank you for all your kind words! :D They mean the world to me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. love it!

    like Ausflug in german. :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I lurve her dress!!! I wanna sew one like that.

    ReplyDelete