Thursday, February 24, 2011

The Illusionist



This weekend was spent with some friends from the past, one of which is the biggest fan of animation I know. He always knows about the best movies and clips out there and he sure knows what kind of stuff that I like too!

So we watched The Illusionist and I just couldn't keep quiet. I kept going: "Oooh!" and "That is soooo beautiful" and "This is the prettiest movie I've ever seen!".

It's about a french illusionist who finds himself struggling with finding work, so he travels from place to place to try to find an audience who will appreciate his work. In a small village he meets a young girl who ends up following him on his journey. This movie is seriously one of the most beautiful pieces of art I've ever seen. The animation and character design is so perfect I can't imagine how it could ever be better. The story is really heartfelt and made me both laugh and cry. Seriously, you have to see this movie.

2 comments: