Monday, February 21, 2011

Let Go





I'm drinking a big cup of cinnamon coffee to celebrate my newly finished painting "Let Go". I used a new technique with this one and it felt much better with my style. I had so much fun while painting this and I smile when I look at it because I know each step of the process and how different paints and brushes were used to create it. It's a whole other feeling of accomplishment than with my digital images, even though I don't think there is a big difference in digital and traditional art except the method of creation.

This piece is 22x16cm big and It is up for sale in my Etsy-shop. I love holding the image I made with my own hands and fingers, but I would much rather know that it hangs on some other persons wall. Art is meant to be shared!

5 comments:

  1. I adore this painting... thanks for sharing the photos with us! Unfortunately I can't afford to buy it, so I'll just keep looking at it :)
    I hope it finds a lovely owner!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! <3 I will start selling prints of my art in the future. I'm just trying to work out how to do it properly first. Those won't be half as pricy as an original! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will look forward to prints then :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow, this is beautiful. Really, really beautiful. She reminds me of a mermaid :-) I love how you've done her hair. And I love all the different levels of red. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete