Wednesday, February 2, 2011

School and such..

I'm working on my graduation thesis at the moment, and it is taking up a lot of space in my confused mind. I have quite a tight deadline to make sure everything that needs to be written is finished in time.

For those who don't know, I study game deveopment at university, third year and I'll be finished by spring. For my final thesis I have chosen to examine role play in World of Warcraft! It's something that I've been involved with since I was 17 years old and I love to just immerse myself in a fantasy world and take on the role of some interesting character. I want to show how role play works and how creative and amazing it can actually be. It deserves some attention because it's not just about playing a game, my theory is that very active role players are actually more like actors or authors who together create stories that can be so thrilling and amazing that it sometimes feels like watching a movie or reading a book!

It's interesting work for sure, but I don't get much else done right now. I still want to keep drawing and taking photos. This tough period of writing will be over by the 18th of February. Until then I have to focus!

4 comments:

  1. Always you sorprise me!!
    I love them.
    Kisses from Spain.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So.

    For your thesis research you need to...

    Roleplay.

    I can't say you've played your cards bad, little mystery solver *grins*

    Sincerely yours,

    Ol' Shagster

    ReplyDelete
  3. You are very right mr. Scarecrow! Roleplay is now officially schoolwork. I sure am smart.

    ReplyDelete