Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Black Swan




I kind of knew that I would love this movie before I even saw it. I was prepared to be blown away by incredible imagery and beautiful ballerinas and their grace. I wasn't quite prepared to be so emotionally moved by this movie though.

Although very dramatic in it's portrayal of poor Nina's struggle to be perfect, It brings up emotions and feelings that I think many young women deal with, and young men too of course. The idea of being perfect can lead to so much pain. I've felt that way myself a lot of times. Not in the scary way the movie shows, but the idea behind it, the idea that in always striving to be perfect in the eyes of others you hurt yourself over and over.

What I'm trying to say here is that I love Black Swan, not only because it's a thrilling, beautiful movie, but because it has such an important message that I think might be forgotten.

5 comments:

  1. Don't you find it staggering, that the only way she could actually achieve perfection, was through destroying herself? Through letting her destructive self shine through and flood everything...
    I was both astonished ans shocked by this movie. It made me think a lot, about my own self-destructive behaviours. I am a recovering perfectionist too. It made me also realize that the price of achieving perfection might be too high.
    (I just found your blog and shall I say, I'm in love with your style. Bittersweet is an astounding name. Oh, and these lovely hungry fishies! Seem like koi fishies, are they such?)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree with you! It makes you realize some things about perfection. The price is definitely to high, and I think it hurts a lot of people who try to reach it. It's still hard to fight the feeling that it has to be fought for tough.

    I'm happy you like my blog! :D I think those are koi-fishes, it's a little application that I've added because of it's cuteness! ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lillasyster Elin!March 10, 2011 at 3:52 PM

    Den var jäättebraa, förutom att jag drömde mardrömmar om Natalie Portman efteråt och trodde hon låg under min säng och var läskig.. Annars som sagt jääättebra!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Haha, nä, det låter skitläskigt! O__O Den var otäck, speciellt allt med naglar och sånt. Blä!

    ReplyDelete