Friday, March 25, 2011

Blade of the Immortal

I have been super busy with writing this whole week. It's going well, I'm almost finished with the main creative part of the writing, and next week comes the academic part. Meanwhile I don't get much time to draw or collect images. For inspiration in my writing though I've been reading Blade of the Immortal. I don't read comics a lot, and I've left manga a bit behind, but I'm making an exception for this series. The main reason is the amazing artwork that leaves me breathless in each scene. Hiroaki Samura is a huge inspiration to me, and I stare at his beautiful line work and subtle shadows and just feel left in awe. It's a very brutal manga though. I would recommend it to anyone, but know that it is not for children in any way. Body parts go flying here..

3 comments: