Tuesday, March 15, 2011

I'm all grown up now

Because I'm drinking coffee! Still with milk though. I can't take the bitterness otherwise. But anyway, growing up for me is just as bittersweet as my coffee. I wasn't joking when I said that if I were a fairy-tale I'd be Peter Pan. I'm scared of growing up. I'm scared of getting older and having to put the label of 'adult' over my face. I'm already labeled with 'wife' which I hate in so many ways. Don't get me wrong, I love being married to J, but the title that comes along with marriage is not fun for me to carry. It makes me feel old.

Why would that be a bad thing? I think age is something beautiful in a way, and we all grow up at the same pace so why so scared? Well I have no idea. I've always just had this desire to be smaller, younger, tinier I am for as long as I can remember. Even when I was a kid I actually wanted to be smaller, like a mouse.

Being married and drinking coffee might identify me as an adult, but I'm still playing like a kid, and I will never stop doing that for as long as I live. That's a promise to myself..

10 comments:

  1. Låter som du min lilla "Peter Pan".. :)
    Är sååå överraskad av att du dricker så mycket kaffe...vuxenpoäng till dig, min vackra goa Emmy! :)
    Älskar dig alltid o hela tiden!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Haha, jag har kanel i mitt kaffe och sen blir jag pigg och glad i en timme! Jag kan inte dricka för mycket dock för då blir jag illamående och darrig istället. ^__^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Så är det med kaffe mitt hjärta! Lagom är bäst o annat sånt klokt man säger när man är vuxen...;)
    Kanel är gott!

    ReplyDelete
  4. hm... konstigt eftersom jag alltid haft en stark strävan att bli äldre och klokare hela tiden, hade gärna hoppat över 5 år eller så fast jag vet att det är duuuumt! Varför har vi blivit så?? Jag kan ta lite av din längtan så kan du få av min :) Kraaam!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Um, I'm 30 with kids and I refuse to "officially" be a grown up. I still play W.O.W with my hubby, dye my hair pink, and refuse to give up my chucks. I totally can relate. ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Åh Elin, det är nog för att du är lillasyster och jag är storasyster! :D

    Abbey: Haha, I think that is totally awesome. I know people who are old, old as in about 60, that are still amazingly cool, so I can't understand why I'm so scared to even gain one year! O__o It's silly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Mmmm...mamma gillar storasyster o lillasyster!!
    Kärlek till er! <3

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sweetie! i'm drinking coffee too and I'm older than you, but by no means have I any intention of getting old! Perhaps in body, but never in mind. What a dull world that would be! Teehee! (maybe it isn't, but I've never *truly* tried to be completely grown up for a longer period, soooo.. :D I like colours and finger painting far too much for that!)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I understand though! I actually cried the entire day when I turned 30. I don't know why, but now I'm ok with it and decided that I still can be a kid! I love it! :-)

    ReplyDelete