Monday, March 21, 2011

Mixed feelings

I get obsessed with things. This is both good and bad. It's good because it means I really have the ability to focus and to pour all my heart and soul into something. Like making clothes for dolls, paint miniatures, skateboarding or reading tarot cards. I learn these things, get really into them and love them. I get loads of inspiration and pick up new skills really fast because I'm enjoying myself so much it almost hurts. I don't think I would have turned out drawing as I do today unless I had this part of my personality. I probably wouldn't have been able to crate as many things as I do today either. That is why I love this part of myself, because it brings me a lot of good things and It makes me really happy.

The bad thing however is that once I get obsessed with something, it tends to take all the space in my head, and there is just no room for anything else. It's like my mind is tied to the obsession in question and even if I try to distract myself with other things, I can't get it out of my head.

Now, I think I can't get rid of this, because it's a big part of who I am and I need to be ok with it. What I can do though is to try to just relax and let it take it's course without guilt. I just need to be able to communicate this issue to the people around me so that they understand that my lack of interest in social contact or other activities doesn't mean I'll stay that way forever. My obsessions come and go, and I'll snap out of my current one eventually. Until I do, I'll try to have as much fun with it as I can and not feel bad about it. We all have our quirks right?

4 comments:

  1. Du vet att jag är likadan som du iaf! Även fast mina instressen oftast inte handlar om att skapa på samma sätt som dina så vet jag vilken känsla du pratar om. Det är rolig och jobbigt på samma gång!! Kramar dig!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Det går i släkten! Gaah! Jag saknar dig Elin min! *kram*

    ReplyDelete
  3. Å jag saknar er båda två!! Puss! <3

    ReplyDelete