Monday, March 7, 2011

Silent Hill




Me and G had a movie-night yesterday and we watched Silent Hill. We are both big fans of the games, and we both love this movie. It just captures the exact feeling of the cursed town of Silent Hill so well.

Even though the theme is horrific and makes my skin crawl, I find it oddly beautiful. I love ghost stories, and I love the stark contrast between the ashen gray light of day and the rusty blood covered walls of darkness that Silent Hill has. While me and G were working on our school-project "Elysion" we were greatly inspired by the third game in the series. This brought back some memories. I'm so inspired by Silent Hill in general, I already feel like drawing something creepy.

2 comments:

  1. I'm obsessed with the series as well! I specially love the 2nd and 3rd games, and watched the movie on opening night!

    I love how the movie captures the grittiness and textures of the game... That uncertainty of walking through the town with almost no visibility, just guided by noises.

    ReplyDelete