Sunday, April 10, 2011

Deadzone

I haven't been this productive in ages, if ever. I whip out at least three sketches a day now for this project that now goes under the name 'Deadzone'. It's odd, because I'm working this hard n a graphic novel project and I still have no idea what the story is or if it will even become a comic in the end. I think that is also a part of the reason for my insane productivity and energy in this. No demands, nothing that has to be finished on a deadline. It's pure freedom.

I get to draw things I've never drawn before, and not because I have to do them, but because I want to. Zombies, decayed set-pieces of london and characters that go far outside of my comfort zone. I have loads and loads of sketches, but I want to finish some things up and show you cleaner versions eventually. This is still a project very much in it's start, and who knows where it will lead. We'll just have to see. Here are some concepts for you to see anyway.

4 comments:

  1. Juuust awesome! And it's in London too! Have you been to London before? ^^

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've been in London once, and I loved it! I didn't see big Ben or Kings cross though, as these pictures show. I didn't do any of the tourist-stuff I just went around on a bunch of cute cafés and visited cool markets! :D I want to go back soo bad.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures of London ;-)

    ReplyDelete