Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Why is this relevant?

The difficult question I am trying to answer in my graduation thesis at the moment. Why is this relevant to anyone other than myself? It's kind of the same question I'm struggling to answer when it comes to my art, what I write here and all things related to myself in general. Everything I do. It's a very difficult question because it forces you to consider the relevancy of art in general, and the relevancy of yourself as a person. Perhaps I'm over analyzing now, but it just made me think.

Why is art relevant? Why is creativity relevant? Is anything I do relevant to anyone else? I hope it is, in some way. I mean, I don't save lives like doctors do, and I don't build houses like carpenters do. I don't make things that others can use. I make things that others can look at, and hopefully I make things that make others 'feel' something. I don't know.. I'll just keep on struggling with this question for a while.

Tomorrow I'll share some pictures of the drawing that serves as the base of my new acrylic painting! It's bigger than my previous one's and I really love working on this. Traditional art for my own soul in need of soothing.

3 comments:

  1. I don't know if it is the sort of relevance you are searching for but I would just like to say that I very much enjoy reading your blog and looking at your drawings. I find you very inspiring. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That in itself is very relevant to -me-! ^__^ Thank you!

    ReplyDelete