Tuesday, August 9, 2011

I was still a fawn


This morning I felt like I should pick up my old habit of creating pages in my art journal whenever I feel down. It's a perfect distraction because it keeps me focused and creative and I always end up with something to show here. I very rarely start out with a plan, I just pick a few magazine cut outs that I like from my collection and go from there. It helps to sit there with a brush, watercolours and a focused mind when my thoughts stray to sad places. I shouldn't be sad, I've had one of the most interesting, adventurous months of my life, but now it's over and I just miss it so much.

I have to keep reminding myself that it's just the beginning, not the end and that my life can be whatever I want it to be. I used to be quite helpless and dependant on others, now I don't know what I am, but at least I can stand on my own two legs. It might be scary, but I'll get used to it eventually.

1 comment: