Friday, September 16, 2011

On solitude

I hate it. Well, that's not entirely true, I've always had a need to be on my own now and then, especially with my art and when I feel creativity flowing. Sometimes having someone else too close can be distracting in those times. Right now though I just feel a sharp painful longing and a need for company, well, mainly hugs to be honest. Hugs are the best. My dog doesn't seem to be in a hugging mood at the moment.

I think this feeling is pretty natural, and hopefully it will fade a bit and the reason it's so painful right now is because of the contrast of being so close to someone and then suddenly being all alone.

New and exciting things are just around the corner though, and I have hopes that this will distract me from my hug-addiction and loneliness enough to last me until Christmas. I'll try to be happier tomorrow.

1 comment: