Monday, September 26, 2011

Sci-fi and epic themes

This is what I do for Coffee Stain Studios. During my first week at work I got to create this background piece for Rock Paper Shotgun, a PC game site. It was really exciting and I'm super happy to be a part of this team right now, working hard to make Sanctum as good as possible. The kind of art I do at work and the kind I do at home is not the same at all. It's probably good, and I learn a lot. I mean, sci-fi in general is not my thing at all when I get to chose for myself, but Sanctum has a special place in my heart anyway, and all this techy stuff is really interesting to paint. This particular piece is a mix between the 3D used in-game and my own painting, a technique that I haven't worked a lot with before, but it gives interesting results I think.

2 comments: