Tuesday, December 20, 2011

In hibernation mode

I don't think I was made to be awake during the winter. I think what I really need is to gather food into my den, build a fort out of my bed and stay there in hibernation until spring. I don't think I've been this tired before in my entire life. Still somehow I manage to go out on new adventures and meet new people. I don't really know how that works.

I find myself at work, staring at the clock with only one thing on my mind, sleep. Even though my job is amazing right now and my assignments are dreamy, I can't bring myself to keep focus for very long before my mind wanders. If anyone has a cure for this, please share.

On Thursday I'm going back to my old home town to see my family for the holidays. It's gonna be me and the bulldog beast on a train packed with people. But after the visit home I'm going back to my own nest to enjoy a couple of days off where I hope to regain some strenght and energy. Despite my mind only being set on sleep, I'm more inspired than ever and I want to get things out, in drawings or writing, it doesn't matter. Too much has happened lately to just let it slip. The best way to capture memories is to put them into creativity.

3 comments: