Monday, January 30, 2012

Another Encounter

A while ago I got this very odd idea that I should crawl out of my apartment and go out drinking and dancing on my own. No friends with me or any plans in particular except to see what would happen and how it would feel to just be me in a situation I've never been in before. So while watching a live band I can't remember the name of I met this guy who came back home with me. A very odd adventure for me I must say. I didn't think I'd ever meet him again, and in a sleepy inspired mood I drew a spontaneous portrait of him. Somehow that rather stalker-like move caused a very interesting chain of events and now we´ve known eachother for about two months I believe.

During this time I've got to go on plenty more adventures and met lots of new interesting people. This girl is one of them. It's very surreal to meet people that actually look like characters I usually draw from imagination. I had a lot of fun drawing all the details of her fantastic body art.

So hopefully, in the future, I'll get to keep going on adventures. It's given me so much energy and inspiration although I have less time to paint and write now. I think it's a fair price to pay considering life experience is something I want and need. Drawing can wait a bit until life slows down again.

2 comments: