Thursday, March 29, 2012

Sweet Artist: Graham Franciose



 These colours are addictive. I love the coffee/tea shaded, softly spotted and splashed images of Graham Franciose. He sells these on Etsy and I can imagine that these look lovely on almost any wall. I think I'd rather see them in a quirky story books in the same feel as Gaimans Coraline. It's like a little story in every single picture. On his website he states himself:

"A lot of my work deals with the quiet moments in a story, between excitement and action where the characters deal with internal conflicts, doubt, lonliness, wonder, apprehension. My work often comes across as sad and melancholy, but there is always a sense of hope that I am trying to portray. I try to keep the meaning and scenario of my work open ended so each viewer can interpret the narrative in their own way. There is a story in there, but it's up to you to decide what it is.

On a more personal note regarding my own art block and life in general, I've been looking at apartments because I need more space and to move out of my tiny student apartment. I mean, I live with a bear, I need more rooms! I'll make sure to get myself a wonderful workspace area with all my things and supplies. I think a large part of my hesitation when it comes to creating art at home is because I don't have a proper place to do it. The bed is ruled out, the kitchen table is very non inspirational and my desk is too small and it's cluttered with important papers and my huge computer that I rarely use, (since I'm in bed with my macbook) Well well, the future is looking bright and I have tons of inspiration from this sweet artist.



2 comments: