Thursday, March 22, 2012

Uugh, nooo...

I'm demotivated. I'm lazy and too tired to bother with anything. It's not that life isn't good, it's kind of the opposite. It is very good! I mean, I came home from work today and find my boyfriend playing the game I've been a part of developing, and tonight is pancake night.

Nah, I've got no problem with life right now, it's just my creative motivation that is sadly lacking. I think it's this whole paint 8-hours a day every single day thing that does it. Sitting down in front of my computer at home to make art after doing it full time at work just doesn't feel the as it did when I just did it for fun and for myself.

It's kind of sad, and it's bringing me down since I really want to paint my own stuff. What I do at work is amazingly fun, but it's not my own. I tell myself every day that I'll sketch something, or paint a traditional piece just to mix things up. At least lift my camera to take a picture of a tree or whatever, but no.

I know art blocks are common and I've tried to help friends in the past to get out of theirs, now I think I need some of that help. What can I do to get my creative spark and energy back?! HELP!

15 comments:

  1. Just draw, that's how I skip past them. I doesn't matter what you draw and that you have no clue at all what to do, just scribble random stuff, sooner or later it just keeps on going.

    In my opinion you don't need a surge of good ideas or something to draw.

    Ungh I'm not sure if I even making any sense but hopefully you will gain something on what I wrote.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enmi, prova kaffe och te målningar blandat med bleck. Annars så kan fingermålning hjälpa mig, eller alternativt läsa så jag stimulerar fantasin även om jag just för tillfället inte producerar något.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Sweet tips! I'm gonna try sketching lots even when I'm not up for it. It's getting started that's the big issue for me I think. :3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Stressa inte i tanken mitt hjärta!! Bara vara är också ett sätt att förhålla sig o få ny inspiration när du minst anar det.. <3

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 När jag tar semester kanske :)

      Delete
  5. Always use this time to express the artform in a different style or material. take up pottery or ceramics, even try a whole new style of drawing you've never invested time in before. in ways this will become your "fun" personal time painting and learning.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Wise advise. I really want to start writing again. :3 It's just that nagging self doubt that keeps me from doing it really.

      Delete
  6. I heard that comfort its also a powerfull vice. Anything will require effort, so, I think the best advice that someone can give is the first: Just draw. Sleep a little less, and in a few days you'll recive more energy from your work than from an hour of rest, or at least that's how it works for me (and i'm no special at all ^^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think I could sacrifice those hours of napping after work :P I'm just so tired all the time! But yeah, I think I'd feel more awake if I just did something instead of snoozing the days away.

      Delete
  7. kan du inte måla av en gammal bild i ny version?

    //Cosy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I always listen to music that brings up memories and that always seems to help! ^___^

    ReplyDelete
  9. eeeeeeeee~ looks like loads of people have already given great advice. When I am in an art block I force myself to draw at least a little every day. Just ... a 2 minute sketch or whatever. :) It's good to hear at least that the rest of your life is happy! It will be ok! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. eller baka baka en liten kaka. Då blir du båda glad för den är så god att äta + att du kan fota den!! mm.. :) <3

    ReplyDelete