Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Charlotte Wray

This is a character I've had in my head for a long time. She's a bored freelance photographer living a rather decadent life, always looking for new places and new people to discover. She's a rather loose idea rigth now. I've written short stories about her before but now I hope to really make her come alive as I'm about to start playing her as a character in a world of darkness roleplaying campaign with some friends.

I'm really happy I managed to draw this. It feels like it's been months since I drew anything personal properly, and even though this is just a lunch-break quicky it feels awesome to know I haven't lost all of my skills because of my crative lazyness. I need to get back to work which today is all about leaving my comfort zone. This always makes me feel like I really suck at what I do. Trying to draw things I never do otherwise and have no practice in just makes me loose faith in myself a lot of times, but I need to keep on doing it to learn and to improve. Well, i also have to do it because it's what I get paid to do and it better be good. Pressure! Anyhow, this sketchy personal piece made me feel a bit better about myself.

4 comments:

  1. Very nice. I hope you have more time and energy to do more enmi art when you haved moved to your new bittersweet lair

    ReplyDelete
  2. shes cuuute! I love her hair and eyes~ and comfy looking clothes.... you can do it! In time I'm sure you will feel much more confidence in yourself <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. I think it's all about actually doing it and get over that silly fear of failing that I've built up :)

    ReplyDelete