Thursday, May 24, 2012

She calls the Crows

I've been feeling so down and sad for a rather long time about the fact that I haven't taken the time or had the energy to really sit down and focus on a single painting for a really long time. I can't remember the last piece that wasn't a rushed sketch. It went so far that I started to doubt that I was really able to do it but today I did. 

I've been alone at home tonight and while having nothing else to do I thought it would be better to paint than to watch TV or lazily watch other peoples art, growing envious of their creativity and bashing myself for not being productive enough. Yes, I do this despite painting every single day at work. It's not the same though. I need to use my own visions and my own imagination without thinking about gameplay, art direction or wether something will look good in 3D or not. 

So this is what came out of it. It took most of the afternoon and until now, when I go to sleep at midnight. Dark fantasy subjects has always been a favorite of mine, and I'm really really happy about this one. Good night!


7 comments:

  1. waaaaaw, this is one of my favourites by you! Can't wait to see what else is on the way <3

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you! :D I'm really happy with it. It feels like I really got to show everything I've managed to learn while working but in a personal piece.

    ReplyDelete
  3. YOU are amazing darlin. Keep painting!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Holy crap!!! God, you have to be the most amazing artist!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. pls do more of this girl with animal... its so amzing

    ReplyDelete