Sunday, July 8, 2012

Beer in my hair

It's my birthday tomorrow and since it's Monday tomorrow we decided it was best to celebrate my birthday ahead of time to avoid hangovers at work. We gathered up a small group of friends and went out, had some BBQ in the rain and then went for drinks and dancing. This photo is from a really nice, tiny basement club called 'Backstage' and it's where I met the Bear for the first time actually. They play rock music, usually have live bands playing and while it's almost claustrophobic and the red light makes all photos look like something out of a horror movie, I really like it.

I don't have many photos of me while partying, mostly since I haven't been doing much of it until these past months. It's nice to just let go sometimes and in an odd way, these times when I'm kind of drunk I see and notice small things that give me more inspiration for art and writing. It feels like it should be the opposite since being drunk isn't exactly a state of mind that goes hand in hand with focus.

Anyhow, I had a nice time celebrating my birthday and both me and my friend here on the picture ended up on the floor while dancing (since it was slippery like ice in hell) and I ended up having half a beer bottle in my hair before we left. Fun times!

4 comments: