Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Laleh - Oh my tangerine

I first heard Laleh when I had just moved away from home and into my first apartment. I was 17 and it took some time for me to get used to her music, but once I did I loved it. Ever since then I've bought every single record she released, learned the lyrics to every song and they've been with me through my life, both happy moments and sad. Her lyrics have taught me a lot about life and about myself, and I keep going back to her music now and then to feel home in a way.

At Peace & Love I finally got to see her live, and it was just as incredible as I hoped. As I stood there I knew I had to paint her once I was back home and this is the result. I want to send it to her as a sort of thank you for all the comfort I've found in her music throughout my life from insecure teenager to a reasonably happy adult. I also want to send lots of love and thoughts to Karin Wahlbäck who I know also is a huge fan of Laleh. That woman was also there when I really needed it, always giving me a secure place to run to when I was sad and confused about life.

This feels very personal, and it is, but I'm really happy I managed to finish this piece and I hope it makes all those who haven't listened to this music to appreciate it! Just watch this video!

2 comments: