Saturday, August 4, 2012

Just like back then

 I've had a perfect week of vacation at Öland, an island off the east coast of Sweden. We went, me, my mom, sister and the boyfriends of said sister and me. We rented some rooms in a house right by the sea. It was unbelievably close. While standing on the balcony we could have almost jumped straight down into the sand if we were a bit more brave and had stronger legs.

We used to go to this island every single summer and easter when I was a kid and the place looked exactly the same. It's so calm and beautiful and I've really gotten to relax. In the evenings we bought food to prepare on the beach and ate while looking at the sunset. It's almost laughable how good it all was. If it had been a movie I would have prepared for a catastrophe to happen at any moment just to ruin the perfection.

Well, there is always something when it comes to me. I've been sick with a horrible cold all week long and barely had any energy. Coughing, aching and sneezing all over the place. I had just gotten better from my last vacation, and now this! Well well. I won't let that get me down. I've been reading and enjoying the calm all week.

2 comments: