Monday, December 3, 2012

Found the confidence

I went out along with my co-workers this weekend. I probably had one of the best nights of my life. So many laughs, good conversations, silly jokes and amazing friends. New and old. We're truly like an odd nerdy family of creative people. It was ages ago since I got to party like that and I really needed it.

So while out, being slightly drunk and very energetic I threw out my long-time idea of getting piercings. I've wanted to do this ever since I was about 15 or 16 years old but I've always had different thoughts on why I shouldn't. Feeling too boring to be able to pull it off. What would others say? What would they think of me? No, shy little Emmy wouldn't be able to pull it off. I even had the strange notion that I was too old to do it. I'm 24 for goodness sake! I'm not to old for anything! So me and this new guy at work had the same trail of thoughts as it seems, and we agreed to just go and do it together at some point in a near future. No more looking to others for opinions. I know what I want and I have known for years.

This is my self portrait as I want to look. This is how I feel I look, at least while in a good mood and feeling confident. About confidence, I've got it back in abundance now. It feels so amazing to feel good about myself again after so many months (if not years) of self doubt. Work is fantastic, I have great friends and I have the energy to make reality of these things I've been having stuck in my head for so long.

4 comments:

  1. yay glad you had a good time out! sounds like a really nice group of people as well... hope you can get your piercings soon! This picture reminds me I want my septum pierced too x_x

    ReplyDelete
  2. <3 Skönt att höra att du mår bättre Enmi. Kanske låter fånigt men jag mår faktiskt lite bättre av att följa din process, vet inte på ngt sätt känner jag att mitt självförtroende blivit bättre genom att också tänka som du. jag är fan inte för gammal ännu. Och om andra kan så varför skulle inte jag? Det är så tråkigt att man går omkring och är så rädd för vad andra ska tycka hela tiden. Som du säger Time to act. Synd bara att jag är en botad fegis. 1 step at the time eh? ._.;

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. <3 Humör kan smitta! Då är det skönt när man kan smitta andra med bra känslor! :D
      Det är väldigt enkelt att säga att man ska bli mer självsäker, men det är något som bara kommer. Helt plötsligt står man där en dag och tänker: Fan va jag är awesome... Och sen kan inget stoppa en :) Man kan alltid be andra om råd, men man ska vara noga med att lyssna extra noga på sina egna! Man är huvudpersonen i sitt eget liv.

      Delete