Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Lonikaï

Since I seem to have a lot of energy to paint I thought I should open up shop for commissions again and last night I finished this piece for Feliane on DeviantArt. It's her original character Lonikaï. I was really inspired by her story and the post apocalyptic sci-fi world she exists in. I want to read the entire story!

It's tuesday morning and I just got in from a wild snow storm outside. I want tea but there is only old milk in the office fridge. Why-oh-WHY?! Well, I guess I'll live. So, back to the picture: My intention was to go with some sort of semi realistic painting style but as I went along the body got more and more realistic in it's shading. Since I felt like I had never been able to render skin with this level or realism before I just went with it to see how it would look. I usually have some sort of reference photo, or several of them. This time I didn't have anything up to even look at for direction. I don't usually mention stuff like that because I don't really think it matters. Your art isn't worth more or less depending on if you used references or not. Just mentioning now since I feel that I've learned a lot in just this little amount of time back into art since my absence. Feels good!

4 comments:

  1. Love her expression most of all!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jag fastnade för hennes bål, vet inte varför men kanske är det hur "verklig" den upplevs, nästan som ett foto...fantastisk bild! =)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Tack! Jag vet inte riktigt hur det gick till. Jag har aldrig varit så mycket för fotorealism men i den här bilden så bara blev det så. Kan bli lite skumt tillsammans med det inte fullt så realistiska ansiktet, men men :P

      Delete