Tuesday, February 12, 2013

All over, all the time!

I feel like I'm all over the place, all the time. It's in a good way I guess, but I've sort of lost track of time and the days of the week. Work and spare time sort of melts together because work is so much fun right now. We're all super busy and excited at the office because we're polishing all the final details and making sure Sanctum 2 really turns out as awesome as we want it. For me these weeks mean lots and lots of promotional art. I've been waiting for this since I started working at Coffee Stain. Finally I get to sit down with the goal to create some really eye-catching and worked through paintings. Promotional art and concept art are very different in the way that concepts are quick layouts of ideas, often tons of them at once! Promo pieces are supposed to sell the game, make people want to click the icon or the banner to see what the product is. It's a lot of responsibility but I love doing it! So headphones on and pump up the music real loud, that's what makes it truly enjoyable. Then add some delicious coffee and I'm ready to make art happen.

But what about my time off work ey? Well I dunno! It sort of disappears in a haze of calm and happy rest where I can just kick back and chill. Or dance wildly like in the photos above... I have so many things I want to create and paint after work but I just don't feel like it right now. Being so productive and happy at the office makes it twice as enjoyable to spend my other time with friends or just watching movies, drinking tea and eating tasty noms. Besides, the art I create at work nowadays actually gets published right after I finish it so I get to show what my hand is up to daily. Fun times!

1 comment: