Sunday, March 24, 2013

Strawberry Bubbles


More photography! I was bored at the grocery store a few days ago and found some shelves with random stuff for 10kr (really cheap) So I got some soap bubbles, street chalk and then we were all set for a new photo session, Julia and I. I really can't wait for proper spring to arrive because it's still biting cold in the shade over here and there are silly piles of snow everywhere. Still, we went out and got all creative and slightly silly as always. Last night I got my hair re-bleached and dip dyed and every time I see my hair in the mirror I get the urge to eat it. But that would be totally gross so I won't do that... 



The story of how I met Julia, my long lost twin of awesome, is really quite weird and funny. At least if you like the weird kind of funny. We had both been sent to this "daycare centre" for depressed and anxious adults where all the sad people gather up to drink coffee and have a walk together. It was probably the most degrading and stupid thing I've ever done but as we went for that walk along with caretakers and other depressed people we were the only smokers so we walked to ourselves. Small-talk and polite conversation quickly lead to hyperactive squealing about how much we had in common. It's so weird because we have mutual friends, the same hobbies, the same taste in clothes, music and most other things. We are equally emotionally unstable and equally hyper awesome rainbox unicorns. Can't believe we've lived in the same city for so long without even meeting each other.

There was a time that I felt I didn't have any real friends. Well, I always had one or two but most of my friends were long-distance ones and no matter how much you love them they'll always be too far away to hug which is sad. Friends have moved to other cities, gotten other jobs or just drifted away. But I'm slowly beginning to realize that I now have a whole crew of amazing friends. They don't all know each other, but it's really incredible how many other creative, sensitive and cool girls there are out there and I know so many of them! I wanna get to know even more! We're the kind of girls that were social outcasts when we were kids. Somewhat crazy daydreamers that just don't fit into reality so we prefer to make our own. We're not all the same but we can always relate to each other and we've got each others backs. I wish I could gather all my awesome girls in one place and we'd start a mean badass crew! All of us! Then we'd find even more people like us and we'd have so much fun. Doing random things, boosting our self esteem and playing around like silly hyper squirrels while painting, singing and snapping pics. That's one daydream I really want to make into reality.




6 comments:

  1. It's great that you've found friends that you feel so comfortable with. It's something I've always struggled with and most of mine are far away. I recently ended a toxic friendship (the only 'real' one I have in person where I live) so I'm alone right now but your post gives me hope that I'll find people who I can relate to and feel close to.

    Also your hair is fabulous and I'm very jealous. You look totally cute.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you!
      There are so many amazing people out there and I'm sure you'll find some that make you feel happy for real. Most awesome friends are probably people you haven't even met yet :3

      Delete
  2. I wish we lived closer, I always wished that. And maybe one day in the future who knows what will happen? =) But your day dreams seems so amazing, and I got the same one or sort of. More like finding creative and crazy weirdos around here. More like me and not just have them live in another country.
    Someone told me yesterday that strangers are just friends you haven't met yet. And I kept thinking, that's probably true.. but how to reach out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. wooooohuuuu , your new background is sweet!

    Also, I think I already said, but the pictures are awesome and I love both you and Julia's hair ! <3 she has a cool deviantart gallery too.

    We should do some sort of Art/creative camp one day, make nice food and make things ^^

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Indeed! We've discussed the same thing!

      Delete